We’d like to share a variety of wellness-related resources with families in our community.
A wide range of parent and guardian workshops are available through York Hills Centre for Children, Youth and Families, with topics including:
- Navigating and Accessing Mental Health Services in York Region,
- Conscious Parenting – Raising Teens,
- Triple P Seminars – The Power of Positive Parenting,
- Navigating Experiences of Grief and Loss,
- Understanding and Managing Challenging Behaviours,
- And Many More …
As well, many virtual offerings are being made available through Family Services of York Region, including language-specific Positive Parenting Programs in Cantonese, Mandarin and Farsi. Other programs include emotional and interpersonal skills development for teens, women’s support groups (including language-specific groups) and groups for adults on mindfulness and stress reduction.
Lastly, Kinark Child and Youth Services provides updated resources for children, youth and families during the pandemic.
We wish everyone in our community safety and good health. We thank you for your ongoing support of the school.