We wanted to provide one final reminder to students and their families that you may now book a time slot for material retrieval and return on Monday June 15th and Tuesday June 16th. In order to book a time at the school, families will need to use Edsby. Each student will receive a 15 minute time slot, and will only be permitted entry during this pre-arranged time. Families who are unable to sign up for a scheduled time and need support should email our school email address email@example.com and school office staff will help.
Details on booking a Material Retrieval and Return time slot can be found here, though the process is essentially the same as we’ve used for booking parent-teacher interviews over the past number of years. Bookings are now open.
Safety protocols will be in place as you enter the school building, and will include:
- practice social distancing by staying two metres apart from anyone not from your household;
- wear a mask (if you choose);
- use hand sanitizer as you enter the building (anyone wearing gloves upon arrival will be asked to remove and discard them; applying hand sanitizer to gloves is not considered an acceptable way of cleaning hands);
- use the designated front entry/exit doors only; and
- expect that retrieval/return time slots will be 15 minutes only
If you are currently using a board-issued laptop and you are returning to a YRDSB school in the Fall, please keep your laptop for use over the summer. If you are not returning to a YRDSB school in September, you must return all YRDSB technology (e.g., laptop, Chromebook, etc.). All students are expected to return the following items which belong to the school:
- School library books
- Teacher classroom library books
- Classroom supplies
- Athletic uniforms and equipment
- Anything else that is property of the YRDSB
Guidelines for Visit
- Visits to the school must be conducted within the Public Health Guidelines. Physical distancing, single entry point and hand sanitization are expected to be strictly adhered to by anyone entering our buildings. Furthermore, a self-screening must be conducted prior to entering the building.
- A parent/guardian must retrieve materials with your child.
- Ensure you know your child’s homeroom and teacher’s name.
- No additional family members, particularly children, will be allowed to enter the building during the assigned time slot.
- There is no access to washrooms or drinking fountains.
- If your child has medication at the school, it will be bagged, labeled and available for pick up as you enter the building.
- Desks, cubbies, hooks and any other individual spaces must be cleared out, as all remaining items will be discarded.
- General school items (e.g. library books) can be returned to a designated table in the foyer; classroom items can be returned to a designated within the class. There will be no walking to other rooms.
Our ultimate goal is to provide a safe and supportive process to allow for the retrieval of materials and return of school property. A short infographic overview of the process can be found here. We know this has been a most challenging year, and we thank you for your cooperation as we facilitate a safe and organized process.