We’ve shared previously about Sora (from OverDrive), a repository of e-books available to York Region District School Board students. But now is a better time than ever to access Sora, as we have invested additionally in our partnership with the service to enable more access to books and a greater selection of digital resources (including many e-books, graphic novels, audiobooks and streaming video).
Resources are available on many topics across a range of levels, as well as many popular fictional titles and current bestsellers. Students can use their student numbers to access the platform and ‘borrow’ digital resources, allowing them to read or listen on phones, tablets or computers.
YRDSB students can access e-books on Sora by following these easy steps:
- Go to the YRDSB Sora homepage
- Click on “My school is York Region District School Board”
- On the drop down menu, click “Select your school”
- Choose “Students” and then enter “0” plus your YRDSB student number (e.g. 0123456789).
- Click the “Sign in” button
More detailed tutorials to support using Sora, such as signing out books and searching for books, can be found here.