We may have some very hot days this week. Please ensure your child/ren do the following :
|· Wear loose light clothing to help reduce body heat.
· Drink plenty of water.
· Bring and wear a hat outside and apply sunscreen. Please apply sunscreen in am at home.
The school also has a Hot Weather Action Plan that staff are aware of and follow:
- Reduce outdoor physical exertion to cooler times of the day or on another day.
- Make use of shady areas in the school.
- Keep window blinds and curtains closed.
- Turn off any unnecessary lights.
- Turn on fans.
- Encourage and provide opportunities for students to drink water, to ensure they stay cool.
- Encourage students to wear hats outside.
- Be aware of the signs and symptoms of heat related illnesses.