I’m sure you have heard about the tragedy regarding the Humboldt Broncos bus crash. Our hearts and sympathies go out to all those affected, particularly the families of the victims. YRDSB building flags are at half mast.
Communication and collaboration among schools, parents, and communities is important to ensure that students continue to view schools as safe, caring, and supportive environments. Further, how adults react to tragedies can impact the way children and youth respond and their perceptions of safety and well-being.
Families are encouraged to:
- spend time together,
- limit media exposure to the event,
- create time for conversation and checking in,
- validate their child’s feelings,
- ask for help as needed, and
- find calm and relaxing activities to do at home.
For further information please see attached link