PARKING AT BAYVIEW GLEN PS: SAFETY REMINDERS
Our number one concern is the safety of the children. We are presently working with the Town of Markham to improve our parking area and to update our signs. Thank you to those parents who are parallel parking on the school side of the street.
Please remember some very important safety reminders for Drop off:
- Parking on a diagonal is very unsafe with approaching on-coming cars.
- Parking on the other side of the road by the homes is unsafe and an area where you will get ticketed. It is private property, there is no shoulder to park on.
- New Orange poles are now in place. Please park parallel alongside of them, not in between them.
- The speed limit is 40KM on Limcombe Dr.
- Have your child exit the vehicle on the sidewalk side NOT the road side of vehicle, this is extremely unsafe.
- U-Turns at the entrance of our school parking lot is unsafe for walkers.
- Parking is for parents coming in for appointments, other services that come to see our students, and our staff. Please do not use the parking lot as a drop off. The one exception is for those who have an Accessible Parking Permit.
If you have any further concerns, please do not hesitate to contact the office.
Thank you for your co-operation.