A Message from our School Council
It is hard to believe that the end of the school year has arrived! As we all go off to enjoy the summer, the Bayview Glen Parent Council would like to highlight all the activities we funded this year.
We funded the following during the 2016-2017 school year:
- Cost Sharing with the Board for technology. We purchased:
- 20 chrome books, 10 iPads and an iRover for the Kindergarten classrooms to share
- Head Lice check (2)
- Scientists in the Classrooms (2 per classroom)
- Dj’s for Halloween dance and Valentine’s Day dance
- Gave prize donation to the class with the largest amount of stuff collected for the food drive
Events we have held to raise money
- 2 Movie Nights (November and May)
- Class Baskets
- Pizza Sales
- Fresh from the Farm
We continue to look for a number of volunteers to help out with many of the different initiatives/programs throughout the year. Information regarding joining the 2017-2018 School Council will be sent home at the beginning of September.
On behalf of the Parent Council, we would like to take this opportunity to wish you all a safe and happy summer.
See you in September!